Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

So I joined the gym today! I plan to use this blog to journal my progress and food choices. My first step towards a healthy life is to be accountable so here it goes. I started to really struggle with my weight almost 9 years ago when I moved away to college. I lived alone and found it much easier to eat out 3 times a day rather than cook healthy choices and eat at home. This lead to the lbs. adding up little by little. I got pregnant in the fall of 2006 and to my surprise I lost 20lbs. my first trimester. By the time I delivered my son I had gained back 15lbs but felt ok because hey it was still a 5lb loss in my book. I came home from the hospital and put my pre-pregnancy jeans on the very next day. I felt really good! I lost approx. another 10lbs while breastfeeding over the next 6 months but now here I sit 3 years later and 25lbs heavier. I am done being fat and uncomfortable. I have struggled back and back and back and forth with different diets,programs,pills,books.blah blah blah....with no success. So I decided to attempt the triple threat approach....work out, eat healthy and blog about it. I don't think I am brave enough...just yet...to share all my body measurements, even though I doubt anyone but me will be reading this. I do plan to journal my work out routine, food intake and weightloss success! So here is my first entry.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

YAY FRIEND...I'm here for you if you need anything...I'm going to JUMP head first onto this BANDWAGON once little Ziggy is here!!